Subject: current network funnies
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20021003T201759@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/03/2002 21:16:58
I did a "/usr/src/build.sh" from this morning's cvs sources and lost
all net connectivity till I got the old backups out and reverted back
to -current as of Sept 21, 2002 (my last resync).

    Oct  3 09:57:04 capsicum /netbsd: tlp1: transmit process stopped
    Oct  3 09:57:04 capsicum /netbsd: tlp1: receive process stopped
    Oct  3 09:57:04 capsicum /netbsd: tlp1: transmit process failed to idle: state SUSPENDED
    Oct  3 09:57:04 capsicum /netbsd: tlp1: receive process failed to idle: state RUNNING - WAIT

I had the same errors on tlp0 (my external interface) but it wasn't
recorded into /var/log/messages.  During boot nothing that required
the net worked (ntpdate, named, amd etc).

My quad tlp PCi network card doubles up interrupts with quite a few
other PCI cards, but that should work, and has also never been a
problem before.  Could a recent change in the drivers be objecting to
some other card yanking the same interrupt line as the network card is
using?

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>