Subject: Re: weirdness building rescue partition binaries on Cobalt?
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/03/2002 11:30:03
On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 06:19:11PM -0700, Greywolf wrote:
  | On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Luke Mewburn wrote:
  |
  | # crunchgen doesn't work on mips.  There's at least one PR about it.
  | # I'll disable rescue on these platforms.
  |
  | What's the chances of conditionally disabling rescue if MKDYNAMICROOT=no?

Minimal.

Whilst we have build infrastructure to allow end users to build the
source in a variety of ways, you won't be able to build a release due
to inconsistencies in the sets, and we don't intend to resolve that.

As has been mentioned in the past, the advantage of an open source
project is that if you don't like the direction that the management
of that project takes, you are quite welcome to maintain your own
source tree with your private changes.  Occasionally some people
even "put their money where their mouth is" and actually do that. :)

  | [ [...] I'll just shut up now...?]

If you like. :-)