Subject: i386mp branch merged, panic
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Werner Backes <werner@bit-1.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/2002 23:08:28
I discovered a problem when rebuilding my kernel with
the latest source. Directly after the kernel is loaded
I get the Copyright notice and then it panics:

panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "pj_page != NULL" failed:
file "/usr1/src/sys/arch/i386.org/compile/TWINCAM.MP/../../..
/../arch/i386/i386/pmap,c", line 3342

When I disable the DIAGNOSTIC switch in the kernel config,
and recompile, the machine boots as usual but I'm pretty
shure that the same kernel config worked before with diagnostic
enabled, no matter if I used -current or the i386mp-branch.
(I switched between both several times over the last months)
The machine is a Dual Pentium Pro. Anyone else having the same
behavior?

Werner