Subject: Re: Update to i386: "ex0: uplistptr was 0"
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: Arto Selonen <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/2002 10:49:23

The network hang problems disappeared after upgrading to 1.6I on 9/30.
Before the upgrade the hangs were regular, and we could also produce
one by forwarding about 1GB of data through the host. The uplistptr
messages were not always present during a "network halt".

With 1.6I it has worked flawlessly (knock on wood), and we are not
able to reproduce the problem. Maybe it was just a Bad Source Snapshot (tm).

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Peter Seebach wrote:

> In message <>,
> Arto Selonen writes:
> >Hate to say this, but "me too!". Sources were retrieved from
> > around 9am EEST on 23rd. Since I'm not the only one
> >seeing this I doubt my HW is giving up on me. Maybe related to 3C905B?
> For some reason, I am reminded of a possibly-precisely-different bug that
> BSD/OS used to see with these, where 3c905 cards would occasionally get a
> "download complete" interrupt, and then discover that the card's DnListPtr
> register was not actually 0 yet.

Everstinkuja 5 B 35                               Don't mind doing it.
FIN-02600 Espoo         Don't mind not doing it.
Finland              tel +358 50 560 4826     Don't know anything about it.