Subject: Re: What happened to the line-drawing characters in the X fonts?
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/2002 10:12:25
On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Olaf Seibert wrote:

> Oh, and it is quite annoying that an update of X overwrites all X config
> files, such as those of xfs and xdm, xinitrc...

Same here. (I use xdm for my vnc users.)

I think we should place these under /etc so they can be kept track of
better, like /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess.

Like it is not suggested to use /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config, but to use
/etc or /etc/X11.

A workaround for xdm could be for xdm's config (as used by rc.d) script to
use /etc/X11/xdm/xdm-config, then it has settings like:

DisplayManager.accessFile:    /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/