Subject: Status of ACPI (i386)
To: NetBSD-current <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bryan P <u1@terran.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/2002 22:56:01
Hello,

I have a new HP pavilion zt1230 laptop on which I installed
NetBSD-1.6/i386.  My current issue is that this laptop does not appear to
support APM, but instead (probably) has ACPI.  I added the line:

acpi0 at mainbus0

to my config and rebuilt, but the following snippet occurs in my dmesg:

    ACPI-0203: *** Error: AcpiLoadTables: Error getting required tables (DSDT/FADT/FACS): AE_SUPPORT
    ACPI-0225: *** Error: AcpiLoadTables: Could not load tables: AE_SUPPORT
ACPI: unable to load tables: 16

I'm curious to know whether or not it would be worthwhile to try -current
on this machine WRT power management.

--
Bryan