Subject: Re: Appletalk seems broken in 1.6
To: None <>
From: Markus W Kilbinger <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/2002 17:59:01

    Frederick> The latest, well-maintained version is "netatalk".
    Frederick> "netatalk-asun" is an older cut of the same codebase,
    Frederick> and "netatalk-umich" is really old. Please report if
    Frederick> "netatalk" works for you. If so, I think we should
    Frederick> garbage collect the other two.

Current pkgsrc/net/netatalk compiles fine under 1.6 and -current, but
fails to install:

  gmake[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
  gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/obj/pkg/net/netatalk/work.i386/netatalk-'
  gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/obj/pkg/net/netatalk/work.i386/netatalk-'
  The following files should be created for netatalk-
          /etc/rc.d/atalkd (m=0755)
          /etc/rc.d/afpd (m=0755)
          /etc/rc.d/papd (m=0755)
          /etc/rc.d/timelord (m=0755)
  Unexpected argument: afpd
  *** Error code 1
  make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/net/netatalk

Problem in