Subject: Re: PAM
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <netbsd99@sudog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/26/2002 12:31:17
On Thursday 26 September 2002 11:26, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> LDAP support can be almost trivially added to NetBSD's nsswitch,

I would like to make a suggestion for those who are anti-PAM (which I myself
am, just not quite so vocal about it these days.) If the various alternatives
are easier or trivial, write the integrations and try to have the code
committed. If they are easier (and better!) people such as myself will simply
use them instead of that obnoxious hell-spawn named PAM.

Arguing about how easy it would be or wouldn't be, without actually proving it
with something that people can test just gets into the realm of the
theoretical arm-waving. Seems to me that all that effort yelling at each
other could be better served writing something useful. :-)

Course I really think PAM is a pile of doggy doo, but then I'm not going to
argue the fine points of it because I'm not prepared to write an alternative.
:-)