Subject: Re: Lots of ip addr aliases, best way?
To: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/2002 11:46:52
[ On Wednesday, September 25, 2002 at 08:54:11 (-0500), Peter Eisch wrote: ]
> Subject: Lots of ip addr aliases, best way?
>

> I'm good on all the other details but I'd like to avoid 128k aliases on an
> interface if there's a better way to do it.

I'm interested in knowing whether or not you did try instantiating the
aliases, and if so whether there were any actual problems in handling
them (I understand that doing the instantiation with 'ifconfig'
invocations could be painful, but that's something which might be
sufficiently mitigated by coding the loop in C inside ifconfig itself).

--
								Greg A. Woods