Subject: Lots of ip addr aliases, best way?
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/2002 08:54:11
I want/need to terminate a /15 to a box (perhaps 10.126/15).  My application
will then look at the dest_add on the socket to determine how to process
that particular connection.  Specifically, I'm spoofing HP-OpenView without
affecting the existing OpenView SNMP polling mechanism to where the queries
are relayed or tunneled via a SSL/SOAP call to a module that forwards the
SNMP polling to the agent on the remote host.

I'm good on all the other details but I'd like to avoid 128k aliases on an
interface if there's a better way to do it.  I've tried routing that network
to 127.0.0.1, but the loopback doesn't know which interface to dump it back
out.  Is there a pseudo interface that will do this kind of thing for me?

Many thanks,

peter