Subject: Re: magic.mgc not cross-buildable?
To: Frederick Bruckman <>
From: Dave Huang <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/24/2002 18:17:09
On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> There must be more to it than endianness (sizeof int, perhaps?),
> becuase the cross-build from i386 works fine. When you run file over
> the *.mgc files, it even says little-endian, but it still works.

Ah, didn't realize file knew how to handle both endians... in that case,
it's just the structure padding problem mentioned in the "Re: CVS
commit:  basesrc/usr.bin/file" thread from ... the magic.mgc
made on the alpha is 516432 bytes long, and the one made on the Mac is
497988 bytes long (both made from the same magic file). And I just
noticed that the version that added attribute(packed) didn't make it
into NetBSD 1.6...