Subject: magic.mgc not cross-buildable?
To: None <>
From: Dave Huang <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/24/2002 16:31:44
I just cross-compiled a mac68k 1.6 release on an alpha and found that
file(1) doesn't work... it dies "invalid type 0 in mconvert()". Looks
like this is because the /usr/share/misc/magic*.mgc files made by
mkmagic have the endianness of the system they're built on... in my
case, they were little-endian while the m68k is expecting big-endian.
I did a quick search through the list archives and didn't see any
mention of this particular problem (did come across some stuff about
struct padding back in June), so I wanted to let y'all know :)
INet: |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 26 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++