Subject: [email@example.com: CVS commit: syssrc/sys/dev/ic]
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <email@example.com>
Date: 09/23/2002 07:43:53
FYI, some major improvements to the wi driver, including better
HostAP support. WEP also now works in HostAP mode (a pointer
arithmetic bug was fixed).
----- Forwarded message from Jason R Thorpe <firstname.lastname@example.org> -----
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:31:28 +0300 (EEST)
From: Jason R Thorpe <email@example.com>
Subject: CVS commit: syssrc/sys/dev/ic
Module Name: syssrc
Committed By: thorpej
Date: Mon Sep 23 14:31:28 UTC 2002
syssrc/sys/dev/ic: wi.c wi_hostap.c wi_hostap.h wireg.h wivar.h
Jumbo patch, from David Young <firstname.lastname@example.org>, with small tweaks
* Speed up reading/writing buffers from the hardware by avoiding
slow forward seeks. In preparation to use the optimization, do
not read overlapping bytes. This is currently disabled, but can
be enabled with OPTIMIZE_RW_DATA.
* Hand 802.11 and Prism-specific frames to BPF. User can watch these
frames by specifying an alternate DLT to e.g. tcpdump(8).
* Add support for SIOC[SG]80211BSSID and SIOC[SG]80211CHANNEL.
* Issue join requests and track join/create state through link-status
* Split wi_rxeof into separate routines for receiving Ethernet II,
802.11 data, and 802.11 management frames.
* Bug fix: Account for aligning m_data to a word boundary in the Rx
buffer size check.
* Bug fix: Check for LLC/SNAP even if the firmware tells us the frame
is Ethernet II, as the firmware sometimes gets this wrong.
* Process as many events as possible when we get an interrupt, using
a simple heuristic to avoid reprocessing an event (which can have
bad side-effects). Clamp the time spent in the interrupt handler
* Redo the timeout loops to be consistent and less prone to error.
* Add delays to timeout loops which were missing them, so that a
fast CPU won't win the race.
* Borrow some timeout loop values from the linux-wlan-ng driver,
which seems to reflect a high level of clue (due to direct support
* Get rid of silly wi_read_data(..., len + 2) idiom; simply round up
in wi_read_data() and wi_write_data(). Also, protect against a
length of 0.
* Name some frequently-used constants. Correct spelling. Other style nits.
* Bug fix: On Prism, set Create IBSS register to 0 *always*. The meaning
of Create IBSS == 1 is join an IBSS or *ESS*, and we do not want to
join an ESS, because that would put us in an inconsistent state. 0
is the right value for Prism.
* Bug fix: Clean up state at the top of wi_init(), in the event that
we don't reach the bottom.
* Simplify wi_start() by always providing an RFC1042-encoded 802.11
frame to the firmware.
* Larval powersave support for HostAP mode, enabled by WI_HOSTAP_POWERSAVE.
* Bug fix: Call wi_stop() from wi_shutdown().
* Bug fix: sync media options with HostAP mode in wi_sync_media().
* In wi_media_status(), inquire firmware for current media state if
media == auto. From FreeBSD.
* Clean up the way buffer lengths are computed by using pointer
arithmetic rather than magic constants.
* Swap the order of comparisons in addr_cmp() for speed.
* Bug fix: Send ReAssoc Response instead of Assoc Response to a
* Bug fix: Copy SSID using the correct size.
* Give more meaningful names to offsets in a wi_frame.
* Bug fix: Assign the right values to the named constants for
Rx frame encoding.
* Get rid of useless SNAP constants.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.83 -r1.84 syssrc/sys/dev/ic/wi.c
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 syssrc/sys/dev/ic/wi_hostap.c \
cvs rdiff -r1.38 -r1.39 syssrc/sys/dev/ic/wireg.h
cvs rdiff -r1.18 -r1.19 syssrc/sys/dev/ic/wivar.h
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
----- End forwarded message -----
-- Jason R. Thorpe <email@example.com>