Subject: Re: CVS commit: xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/xterm
To: MOCHIDA Shuji <mochid@netside.co.jp>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: current-users
Date: 09/18/2002 00:02:19
    Date:        Wed, 18 Sep 2002 01:11:04 +0900 (JST)
    From:        MOCHIDA Shuji <mochid@netside.co.jp>

  | We can define OSMajorVersion, OSMinorVersion, OSTeenyVersion in
  | xc/config/cf/site.def, according to userland version.

That might helpwith X (but not necessarily, as xsrc and basesrc
aren't always maintained in sync, I could easily be using a much
older xsrc than basesrc).

But the problem is much bigger than just X (an X program just
happened to be what triggered this particular discussion, but that's
just coincidental).

  | Without these defines, imake determine these values by uname(3).
  | uname(3) ofcource returns kernel version. imake might should be changed
  | to use sys/param.h instead of uname(3).

Yes.   If/when xsrc is ever made cross compilable, that will be essential.

kre