Subject: Re: weird SCSI (ahc) failures
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/10/2002 12:42:44
[ On Tuesday, September 10, 2002 at 16:07:48 (+0100), David Brownlee wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: weird SCSI (ahc) failures
>
> 	It may be a useful datapoint for a driver that is known to
> 	have issues with tagged queuing.

There's really no need for such debugging.  We know the ahc driver is
_way_ out of date.  We can see in the FreeBSD commit logs that many bugs
have been fixed in the newer versions, not just with tagged queuing either.

>           I had a system that worked
> 	perfectly under raidframe on 1.5.x "for _MANY_ months",
> 	and without raidframe on 1.6, but choked due to tagged
> 	queuing on raidframe with 1.6.

My "many months" turn out to be almost exactly 12, with the same kernel.

--
								Greg A. Woods