Subject: Re: HEADS UP: XFree86 4.2.1 imported
To: None <>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/06/2002 18:28:51
On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 07:09:27 -0700, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:

> Is this release meant to work on netbsd-current/sparc ?  The xfree86
> folks mention that it now has sun framebuffer support, but I guess
> they mean sun framebuffer support iff compiled up under solaris or
> some such.

You cannot compile XFree on NetBSD/sparc yet.

> I'm seeing what looks like include file problems in
> sunINit.c. (Just a path problem or more serious?)
>     In file included from sunInit.c:49:
>     sun.h:103: machine/fbio.h: No such file or directory
>     *** Error code 1

fbio.h was moved to <dev/sun/fbio.h> some time ago.  In hindsight,
compatibility <macine/fbio.h> (that would just #include the header
from its new location) should have been kept around.  I'm afraid it's
to late to fix that for 1.6 though...

> Strangely this error didn't cause the "make build" in /usr/xsrc to be
> aborted with an error.

X top-level makefile builds world with -k flag to make ...

> Can the xsrc stuff be cross-compiled via nbmake-sparc ?

Not yet.

SY, Uwe
--                         |       Zu Grunde kommen            |       Ist zu Grunde gehen