Subject: Re: TI TravelMate 5000 pcmcia problems?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/2002 20:39:35
On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 05:35:47PM +1000, Charlie Allom wrote:
> Hi to all TI Travelmate owners,
>
> I booted an old Texas Instruments TravelMate 5000 today and the
> pcmcia0 & pcmcia1 show up in dmesg. But no cards will show up with
> even a murmur of "not configured" at boot or afterwards.

And to add to my own post ..

hand typed from dmesg with some help from Ian Fry about trying to get
into my BIOS (unsuccessful so far):

<my own GENERIC kernel>
cpu0: Intel Pentium (P54C) (586-class), 90.01 MHz
cpu0: features 1bf<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,MCE,CX8>
total memory = 32380 KB
avail memory = 26328 KB
using 430 buffers containing 1720 KB of memory
BIOS32 rev. 0 found at 0xff200
PCI BIOS rev. 2.0 found at 0xff250
pcibios: config mechanism [1][x], special cycles [x][x], last bus 255
pcibios_get_intr_routing: function not supported
No PCI IRQ Routing information available.
PCI fixup examining 10aa:00
PCI fixup examining 1013:1202
PCI bus #0 is the last bus
[System BIOS Setting]----------------------
  device vendor product
  register space address   size
000:00:0 0x10aa 0x0000
                [OK]
000:03:0 0x1013 0x1202
        10h mem  0x0600000 0x01000000
        14h mem  0x0700000 0x01000000
                [OK]
-------------------------[  0 devices bogus]
 Physical memory end: 0x01ffe000
 PCI memory mapped I/O space start: 0x02000000
mainbus0 (root)
<etc>

Just in case that helps anyone .. do I need to enable these puppies in
BIOS? I have read some pcmcia(4) and options(4) and am working through
them all. Tough job.

I was just hoping someone would have one of these things.

Regards,
  C.
--
 charlie@rubberduck.com