Subject: Re: your mail
To: Gary Thorpe <gathorpe79@yahoo.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/02/2002 23:03:14
On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 10:53:53PM -0400, Gary Thorpe wrote:
> I *AM* using nbmake in
> tools/obj-i386/tools.NetBSD-1.5.2-i386/bin.
> Additionally, I built config using the 1.6-current
> source and used it to get the build tree.

If you're using nbmake, it should be picking up the newer, just-built
assembler and should not be having trouble with that syntax.  At least,
I seem to recall seeing something like this when I hadn't upgraded my
tools at one point.

Can you show us the actual commands you used?

I usually just do it all at once and do something like
	# cd /b/current/src
	# ./build.sh -D /b/current/dest.i386 -T /b/current/tools.i386 -R \
		/b/current/release.i386

Well, I have a script called build.wrap that does this and allows
me to specify the target architecture (I'm usually cross-compiling),
etc.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...