Subject: HEADS UP (Re: 1.5.x openssl problems)
To: None <>
From: Martti Kuparinen <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/30/2002 15:29:23
On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Martti Kuparinen wrote:

> I upgraded one of my hosts to the latest netbsd-1-5 code which includes
> openssl 0.9.6g. After reboot my imap server (=cyrus) doesn't let me
> in, it just complains "TLS engine: cannot load CA data". I have even
> rebuilt cyrus and sasl without any luck.

This is just a warning to all netbsd-1-5 users who have upgraded to
the latest version (and have therefore OpenSSL 0.9.6g in /usr/lib).

I had problems with with my IMAP server and it turned out to be
references to the old _and_ new openssl libs at the same time.
I noticed this by running "ldd /usr/pkg/cyrus/bin/imapd".

# cd /usr/lib
# tar cfz /var/tmp/lib.tgz**
# rm -f**
[ rebuild all pkgsrc applications which depend on OpenSSL ]

Martti Kuparinen <>      NetBSD - No media hype