Subject: Re: /rescue, crunchgen'ed?
To: NetBSD-current <>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/30/2002 13:32:24 (Luke Mewburn) wrote :

> /rescue as a crunchgen-ed binary takes ~ 2.4MB.  If all the programs were
> separate statically linked programs, they require ~ 16 MB.  Not everyone
> has a significant amount of free space in their / partition.

Ahem.... 16 -2.4 = 13.6 MB

Do you *really* think that should be a problem ?

At least, I second Richard's concern : make crunchgen an option, for
poeple who want to keep separate binaries. ATML (*), if sh*t should
happen, sh*it will happen, and, as discussed in an other thread todays
hard disks tend to be less robust that 10 years ago. Especially 2.5" on