Subject: Re: HEADS UP: migration to fully dynamic linked "base" system
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/2002 19:02:27
On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 06:36:22PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>
>  > *Sigh* I've already gone through at least three times why I consider
>  > /rescue to be a bad thing. Do I really need to do this again?
>
> I'm not really concerned whether or not you like "/rescue".  I want to
> know *precisely* how falling back on statically linked tools in /rescue
> is different in any real way than falling back oin statically linked
> tools in /bin and /sbin.

The difference is that:
1) I usually don't use /rescue, and thus don't know if they are working
when that time really do come.
2) I have to remember that I have a /rescue/init, and specify that during
boot, and see to it that I'm using stuff in /rescue and nowhere also, or
face the consequences.

*It is* the same thing I've been repeating a few times now. *Sigh*

	Johnny