Subject: Re: HEADS UP: migration to fully dynamic linked "base" system
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/2002 13:38:56
> I just wonder whether someone in Korea, in the middle of trying to
> recover a messed-up system, would ever suddenly decide to switch
> to Polish?

Not as unlikely as you think!
The problem is getting hard so you phone up your support channel.
They can't help immediately, but ask you to set up a modem
on the serial console so that someone 'technical' can fix it
for you.  That person could easily be very foreign.....

Being able to switch the error message back to english would
certainly be useful for raising bug reports, or even just to
find out what the message said before it got garbled in
translation (eg keywords being translated).

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk