Subject: Re: agp driver
To: Michael Graff <>
From: Martti Kuparinen <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/2002 09:40:54
On 23 Aug 2002, Michael Graff wrote:

> So, on my laptop and on my desktops (all three of them) the agp driver
> causes my X server to seg fault.

I upgraded my XFree 4.2.0 (the previous version was from the time
when we had 1.5ZA) and now the server dumps core directly after
startup (X -configure works though). Enabling or disabling AGP in
the kernel config file does not have any effect :-(

I thought I've messed my configuration somehow so I reinstalled 1.6_RC1
from scratch (from, 20020822 if I remember correctly).
No help, it still seg faults.

I think the only way to find the reason is to build debug version of
the files. My only question is: where to add "-g"?

Martti Kuparinen <>      NetBSD - No media hype