Subject: Re: HEADS UP: migration to fully dynamic linked "base" system
To: Noriyuki Soda <>
From: David Laight <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/26/2002 21:29:05
> And even if there is a way to get such symbols. There is a still
> following problem:

That is only a serious problem if the two versions are not binary
compatible.  I suspect that the symbols in the program body are
always used, even in order to satisfy internal dependencies within
a loaded library.

(I used to ensure that the only global symbols in a shared library
where those of the external interface, and that those symbols where
never referenced internally.  Otherwise havock ensues anyway.)

Remember where is no requirement for a shared library to actually
require any of libc.

David Laight: