Subject: Re: Tester needed -- mac68k fd@iwm
To: Juergen Hannken-Illjes <hannken@eis.cs.tu-bs.de>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 08/22/2002 10:42:36
At 19:39 Uhr +0200 21.8.2002, Juergen Hannken-Illjes wrote:
>Could someone with -current on mac68k and "fd0 at iwm0" please
>test the appended diff?

'-v' please; what exactly are the changes for?

>It is possible, that this diff freezes the floppy or the system panics
>with "biodone already" :-)

Quadra 700 here with 1.6D snapshot, kernel built from a 2002-08-21 'cvs
update'.

The patched kernel doesn't crash nor freeze (iwm(4) runs polled only).
According to the console output, the driver is unable to find any sectors,
apparently a confused mapping. I'll play with it some more this evening.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign       "They that can give up essential liberty
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email          to obtain a little temporary safety