Subject: Re: /bin/sh returns Out of file descriptors
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: GuRU <guru@nubisci.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/21/2002 15:10:59

file(blocks)         unlimited
data(kbytes)         131072
stack(kbytes)        2048
coredump(blocks)     unlimited
memory(kbytes)       124488
locked memory(kbytes) 41496
process(processes)   160
nofiles(descriptors) 64

ok looks like i have 64 descriptors in both cases

> If that is good, then maybe you have some custom /etc/rc.d/named script
> (or supplementary configs) that has some some recursion or looping
> problem, like sourcing a file that sources itself.
Well it happens with any script that sources /etc/rc.subr, so maybe that's
where the problem lies.  Even if I up the # of file descriptors, it just takes
longer before it returns the error message.  Looks like it may be as you say,
some file keeps sourcing itself.  I'll check around some more, it's probably
something I'm overlooking.  Thanks a lot for the pointers/help  :).

#;@0
--
GuRU <guru@nubisci.net>               (,.)
http://www.nubisci.net/             \\\00 )