Subject: Re: fxp ethernet
To: John Franklin <franklin@elfie.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/21/2002 09:58:07
On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 12:46:48PM -0400, John Franklin wrote:

 > Some fxp ethernet cards support hardware tcp checksums.  I see some
 > mention of checksums in the driver, but it doesn't seem to be
 > implemented.  How hard would it be to get this added?

Even though I have all the required agreements in place with Intel to
get access to the documentation for this function of the chip, Intel
has not seen fit to provide that documentation to me.

I'll poke my contact there again, but in the mean time, you might consider
voting with your dollars and purchasing a 3Com board which does have working
TCP checksum offload in NetBSD.

(ftp.netbsd.org uses it, even.)