Subject: Problem w/ envstat (winbond) and chassis fan?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Anthony Mallet <anthony.mallet@useless-ficus.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/18/2002 16:45:18
Hi,

I've got the following hardware: lm0 at isa0 port 0x290-0x297: W83781D.

I recently installed a chassis fan. I can see its speed in the BIOS
configuration screen (along with the cpu fan speed). But envstat only
displays the cpu fan, and returns zeroes for the other fan :

ficus[~] > envstat
 [voltage sensors skipped] Temp 1 Temp 2 Temp 3  Fan 1  Fan 2  Fan 3
                             degC   degC   degC    RPM    RPM    RPM
                            35.00 208.00 208.00      0   4655      0

Any idea?

(and while I'm there: is there a way to disable Temp 2&3, so that they
don't appear in the output of envstat? - I mean: programmatically, not by
hand :) )