Subject: Pb with scsibus and 1.6F
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 08/15/2002 21:10:09
Hi,

I have a Nikon Coolpix 5700. It is recognized as a umass
device. When i plug it on a USB port, dmesg wrote:

/-----------------
| umass0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
| umass0: NIKON Nikon Digital Camera E5700, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
| umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
\-----------------

Three or four days ago, after tweaking my kernel conf file, i succeed
to access it via scscibus and i was able to transfer picture on my
box after mounting my camera with a 'mount -t msdos /dev/sd0e
/mnt'. The three lines above was followed by scsibus messages...

Since then, i've upgraded my source tree and built another kernel and
scsibus doesn't work anymore. I get only the three umass0 lines,
nothing more and, obviously, sd0e isn't there...

I've not changed anything in my kernel conf file. The relevant lines
are:

/-----------------
| # SCSI devices
| sd*     at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI disk drives
|
| # PCI USB controllers
| uhci*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Universal Host Controller (Intel)
|
| # USB bus support
| usb*    at uhci?
|
| # USB Hubs
| uhub*   at usb?
|
| # USB Mass Storage
| umass*  at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?
| scsibus* at umass?
|
| # USB scanners
| uscanner* at uhub? port ?
|
| # USB Generic driver
| ugen*   at uhub? port ?

What could be the problem?
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1332881599 secondes