Subject: Re: Promise Ultra133 TX2
To: Alex Dumitriu <alex@bitblot.com>
From: Erik Reid <reide@canuck.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/15/2002 12:32:29
Quoth Alex Dumitriu:

>One other thing to check (and I know this is berrating the obvious):
>
>Make sure you're using 80 conducter cables, not 40 conducter, other wise
>you will surely get knocked down a few UDMA levels....

Yup, I was actually using the one that came with the card. :D

Even with a 40 conductor cable, it shouldn't have been knocked down to
PIO modes.

The same cable/drive is working again on the mainboard's controller, at ATA/66.
The controller being:
pciide0 at pci0 dev 4 function 1: VIA Technologies VT82C596A (Apollo Pro) ATA66 controller
pciide0: bus-master DMA support present
pciide0: primary channel configured to compatibility mode