Subject: Re: usb lpd strangeness in 1.6_BETA5 compared to 1.5.x
To: David Brownlee <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Ellis <scotte@warped.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/2002 11:34:18
I have similar problems with my Brother HL1650 as well.  It probes as:

ulpt0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
ulpt0: Brother HL-1650_1670N series, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 3, iclass 7/1
ulpt0: using bi-directional mode

About every-other time I attempt to print, BSD simply swallows things sent
to lpd (which goes to ulpt or ulpa...same result with either one).  Usually
re-plugging the USB cable makes it start working, sometime lpc stop/start
will make it start working.  Sometimes, I get the "disabling port 1" message
too.

    ScottE