Subject: problems with libutil login(),logout()
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/2002 10:50:20
Hi, I've noticed some problems with libutil login() and logout() in
current/i386... namely, they do not seem to work at all.
I have filed a PR on this [lib/17803], but I never received any response to
it. Maybe somebody on this list can provide some help.

I noticed this problem originally because ssh secure shell 3.2.0's sshd was
failing to log users in when they connected and authenticated. After some
changes got committed (the utmpx stuff, i believe) logging users in with
login() started working - i started seeing ssh connections in w/who again.
But, logout() doesn't work on those same connections. I had to hack the
source to call logoutx() with some odd args to do it, which is suboptimal
because (as far as i know) logout() should log out a session logged in with
login().

Any ideas?

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII                         Sean Davis
\ / Ribbon Campaign                    aka dive