Subject: Re: GTK+/GLib and i18n
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 08/13/2002 00:35:33
>>>>> "Jaromir" == Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org> writes:

Jaromir> So, I've tracked this down. Seems like the gtk supplement for
Jaromir> wide character routines is buggy. When I compile gtk with
Jaromir> configure arg --with-native-locale, it displays national characters
Jaromir> correctly (well, module font issues in my (iso-8859-2) case for gaim).

What's a pity you're not a girl... I would give you a big kiss ;-)

I've just added the --with-native-locale=yes and reinstalled gtk and,
now, all is fine... What a pleasure to have Gimp menus in french.

Jaromir> Wouldn't have imagined this would be as simple :)

I've posted this problem some months ago but it has never received any
echo... I was thinking i've better have to do without locales and
improve my english. I'm rather stupid as i could have done just like
you: check the FreeBSD makefile...

Thanks a lot!

--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1332635432 secondes