Subject: usb lpd strangeness in 1.6_BETA5 compared to 1.5.x
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@formula1.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/12/2002 15:18:55
	Upgraded a couple of machines from 1.5.3 to 1.6_BETA5 and
	seeing problems with the usb->printer cable

	ulpt0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
	ulpt0: Belkin Components product 0x0002, rev 1.00/1.04, addr 2, iclass 7/1
	ulpt0: using bi-directional mode

	It worked fine under 1.5.3, but under 1.6 it sometimes seems to
	'go to sleep', recording the printer as offline and only
	unplugging and reinserting the usb cable will fix it. On one
	machine that doesn't even work - it gives:
	'uhub0: device problem, disabling port 2'

	I've tried it with a full 1.6 installation and a 1.6 kernel
	with 1.5 userland so I think that reasonably ties it to a
	kernel rather than an lpd issue.

	Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed with this?

--
		David/absolute		abs@formula1.com