Subject: Re: uvm_fp2 deadlock in 1.6B4
To: tld <tld@tld.digitalcurse.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/07/2002 10:37:37
tld wrote:
> I am using NetBSD 1.6_BETA4 (jul 27) on i386 and I often find my
> processes which access the ext2 partitions (like gzip) stuck with a
> uvm_fp2 status. Every other access to the disk gets caught in the
> uvm_fp2 lock, and only hard-rebooting helps.
> Is this a known bug? Am I the only one having this? Is it already
> corrected? Is this not the correct ML to report this (if so, please le
> me know!)?

Does this happen with ext2fs only, or any other filesystem as well?
Would it be possible to break to DDB at this point (via Ctrl-Alt-Esc
if you have DDB enabled in your kernel), and provide kernel
traceback of gzip process?

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html