Subject: Re: Shared library selection bug in -current
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@catch.no>
List: current-users
Date: 08/06/2002 09:03:10
Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net> writes:

> have you tried rebuilding it?

Yes.  I've rebuilt the application, restarted it, rebooted the whole
machine, and so forth.  With libc.so.12.62.1 in existence, it will be
preferred over any and every later version of the library.

> 12.62.1 is, afaict, the major.minor.teeny of libc on the 1.5 branch.
> when a branch is cut, the major and minor are rather fixed, so
> bugfixes to the library are reflected by the use of the teeny number.

OK, then I guess I should file a proper bug report.  Will do.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"