Subject: Re: Warning message: Why do I care?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/31/2002 14:21:03
--FN+gV9K+162wdwwF

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 07:27:34AM -0700, Greywolf wrote:
> Something I am saying is obviously not translating to the common tongue,
> here.

No, it's plenty clear.

> It should be spit out at a lower priority than kern.notice, probably.

If by "it should" you mean "you would rather", fine.

But the concensus doesn't seem to agree with you.

> These messages are of a unique enough purpose that it's almost worth
> creating a new class just for them.

No they aren't, they are of general purpose, and they're right where
a lot of people think they should be. They warn you that you're
using software that behaves insecurely. That's something that I'd
really rather not have hidden from me. If I wanted it hidden, I'd
still be using Mac OS.

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net