Subject: Re: HP DeskJet 660Cse...
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Jim Bernard <jbernard@mines.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/27/2002 19:45:02
On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 02:41:38AM -0700, Greywolf wrote:

> I have just inherited an HP DeskJet 660Cse, and it seems to be taking
> forever to print anything.  I know next to nothing about these; can
> anyone clue me in?
>
> Connected via Parallel to lpt0/lpa0, using lpt0.

  I had a similar experience with a 697C a few years ago.  I found that
when it was connected to lpt0, there were only 4 interrupts per second
being generated, which yielded a data transfer rate of 4 cps, causing
print jobs to require near-geological times.  By comparison, an HP
Laserjet II generated over 10,000 interrupts per second on the same
device during a transfer.  The solution was to switch the 697C to lpa0,
the polling device.