Subject: Re: Repeated panics on a Proliant 800 biproc with 1.6D kernel and 1.5.2 userland
To: None <,,>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/24/2002 16:01:48
Brett wrote :

>Are you sure the memory is ok in the machine?  One of the things that
>generates a NMI is a memory parity error.  You could try running
>memtest86 over the memory and see if that picks up anything - or maybe
>you have some out of spec memory.

That's precisely what I'm actually performinG. So far no error (this box
has 512 MB ECC Memory)

Perhaps, I'll rather install a 1.6BETA, easier to upgrade to current?

Anyway, since I'm stuck, that's what I will try in a few minutes.

Just a hint, which may think the problem is with SCSI controller (Compaq
inboard UW-SCSI2) :

1.5.2 kernel reports a 20 Mb/s transfer rate, while 1.6D reports 40 Mb/s