Subject: Re: packet loss? w/ 1.6[A-D] & IPSEC policy
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Selonen <arto@selonen.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/22/2002 20:41:56
Hi again!

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Arto Selonen wrote:

> Yes, this could well be related to the ep driver issues discussed earlier.

Well, it is not. I don't know what I was thinking/doing when I "checked"
that the problem was asymmetric. Here is the countdown of the facts:

	- without IPSEC I can transfer bytes in both directions normally
	- with IPSEC enabled transfers to either direction fail for
	  bigger packets (one end has ep0, the other has ex0); ie. packets
	  that grow over MTU size due to IPSEC overhead
	- with IPSEC policies, but Path MTU Discovery disabled
	  (sysctl -w net.inet.ip.mtudisc=0) problems disappear

So, my problem is solved. In case others have similar problems:

	- is the above expected behavior?
	- how should I have learned about it in advance?
	- should it be documented better?

Artsi
Everstinkuja 5 B 35                               Don't mind doing it.
FIN-02600 Espoo        arto@selonen.org         Don't mind not doing it.
Finland              tel +358 50 560 4826     Don't know anything about it.