Subject: Internal compiler error ( 1.6_BETA4 )
To: None <>
From: Andrea Rossignoli <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/22/2002 13:10:19

I did on friday a ftp install from the snapshots 200207170000 at
All was ok.

I downloaded the source tree with anoncvs from /usr/src
[ cvs checkout -P src ]

This morning I did a
[ cvs update -d -P ]

I created /usr/obj
I did from /usr/src
[ ./ -b -t ]

I had this error:
===> Bootstrapping nbmake
checking for sh... /bin/sh
checking for gcc... cc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking for regex.h... yes
checking for regfree in -lregex... no
checking for library containing regfree... none required
checking for setenv... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strerror... yes
checking for strftime... yes
checking for vsnprintf... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating
E_BOOTSTRAP -I/usr/src/tools/make/../../usr.bin/make -c
cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

ERROR: build of nbmake failed

/etc/mk.conf does not exist.

My machine is a i386 with a 486DX4 100 with 32mb of ram.
I'm using it as gateway and it works great.
I will add more info if needed.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Please help me, thank you.

Andrea from Italy