Subject: Re: NFS problems
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/22/2002 01:25:23
DL> > It's a 16-port switch with an 8K-entry MAC cache and a 512 KB packet
DL> > buffer.  Shouldn't have any problems routing the packets between any

512k Packet Buffer on a 16 port switch?  That doesn't sound right.  Even the
bottom-of-the-barrel Cisco 19xx series switch comes with, quote:
"Shared-memory architecture with 3 MB packet buffer..."

...although you're right, with only two clients in a home LAN I'd be
hard-pressed to blame the switch -- who did oyu say the vendor was on that?

-lava