Subject: "configuration changes" and "dmesg.boot"
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/2002 15:38:52
I've been using, for quite some time, local color which makes my system save
"dmesg" output early in /etc/rc.*, and also compare it (diff) with the output
from the last boot.

Is this the sort of thing which, if submitted, would be likely to be accepted?
It's mostly nugatory, but it occasionally catches problems (e.g., device not
probing for some reason; I've had my mouse not probe a few times, and this has
warned me), and it's nice to have the "original" dmesg output even after a few
pages of warnings and errors from various drivers.  :)

-s