Subject: Re: booting from an alternate partition?
To: None <>
From: David Laight <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/16/2002 15:20:04
On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 12:45:21AM +0100, David Laight wrote:
> > I'd like to be able to menu-select from the mbr_bootselect thing that I
> > want to boot from wd1i, rather than wd1a.
> Yes - not unreasonable IHMO.

Since I had all the bits I wrote it on Saturday.
Unfortunately the biosboot code was VERY tight on stack space
(the stack runs down into the data area).  I pulled out a lot
of hair before getting it sorted.
(it now has over 16k space...)

If you want to try it download the files:
from (but url masking stops you going straight there)

You might find the version of fdisk in netbsd/fdisk will make it
easier to replace the mbr_bootsel code.
(fdisk -c mbr_bootsel should do it - without killing the info)

David Laight: