Subject: None
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <netbsd@purk.ee>
List: current-users
Date: 07/16/2002 15:00:12
Hi

Today we switced our main box from linux to NetBSD 1.6BETA4 and i have some
trouble with name resolving.first off,i dont know is this right place to bitch
because there is chance that this is related with (bind,ipf).i really like
behaviour of samba server wich is quite fast even copyng large files!ok
the problem is that name resolving with bind takes about 5/sec even if i flush
all the rules in ipfilter the problem is still there!Almost with same
configuration 1.5.x work perfect....no delays!Box is using 3Com cards with ex
driver.( bind is configured to forward all queris to external nameserver ) and
no one rule is blocking the querys!its really strange..that is working with same
configuration on 1.5.3 box:)if i set client to use external cache the problem is
solved,but sometimes cache is down..and then there is no traffic at all:)

Greetings