Subject: NFS problems
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 07/15/2002 16:41:16
Hi,

I'm having NFS problems.  The server is running NetBSD 1.5R and is and has
been fine.  The clients are running 1.6_BETA4 and they are having problems
accessing the disks of the 1.5R system.  Sometimes I can view a few dirs
using 'ls', but any time I try reading a file (kernel config, mp3, what-
ever), NFS freezes and the client reports "NFS server not responding".

If I use NFS over TCP, it seems to work better (no freezes so far).

The same problem exists with three different clients (a 150 MHz laptop,
a 233 MHz desktop system, and a 700 MHz Athlon box).  All but the laptop
are on the same Ethernet; the laptop uses a Lucent wireless card (wi0)
and is behind the 233 MHz router box.

  -jm