Subject: How to create an install floppy?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/15/2002 15:13:18
Hello

I need to use boot-small.fs to be able to install NetBSD on a 386sx
20mhz 8mb ram. (no, boot1/2.fs won't work).

The thing is that I want to do a network install, but the card is not
properly recognized by the kernel (wrong IRQ). I need to change the ne
interface to 0x300 irq 5. I also need to install serial bootblocks to
the floppy disk, to install trough a serial console.

The problem is that I do not know how to create these floppies. I'm
looking in distrib/i386/floppies/bootfloppy-small, and I try "make",
but I get:

$ make
make: don't know how to make /usr/src/distrib/i386/floppies/kernel-ramdisk/netbsd.INSTALL_SMALL.gz. Stop

make: stopped in /usr/src/distrib/i386/floppies/bootfloppy-small

What else do I need to do to create the floppy properly? (I'll edit the
Makefile to work as I want when I get this working).

BTW, I tried the installation until the sets point, but it fails. When
running the disklabel, it bits in openpty()...

Any idea? Thanks!

--
HispaBSD admin - http://www.hispabsd.org
Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>