Subject: Re: ieee1394 in -current?
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Anthony Mallet <anthony.mallet@laas.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 07/14/2002 17:17:16
Peter Seebach wrote :
| Is the ieee1394 stuff any closer to working?  Is anyone working on it?  Is
| anyone looking for testing, second opinions, or implementation help?
|
| I have an external firewire bay sitting around collecting dust, and I'd love
| to get some use out of it.

I'm currently trying to get a DC camera working.
I didn't do much yet, but I still managed to get the camera probed ok.

I had some trouble with the ieee1212 rom support (1.5ZC kernel, I sent
some PR's about that). One strange thing is that the 1.30 IIDC specs
doesn't seem to follow very closely the ieee1212 standard as it is
implemented. And there were apparently a few bugs related to byte ordering
also (I'm working on i386).

Maybe I'll have more to say one day :)
(BTW, I'm always interrested in getting in touch with someone who would
be working on 1394 cameras :)