Subject: Re: 1.6 su: "-" option no longer supported?
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/11/2002 13:50:14
This was a change to getopt() in libc, I noticed it too a little while back.
As far as I can tell on my system, su - works (it did not for a couple days,
till '-' compatibility was put back in getopt)

It was changed because of a standards issue, I can't remember exactly which
standard '-' violates, but I think it was POSIX.

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII                         Sean Davis
\ / Ribbon Campaign                    aka dive