Subject: Re: IPSEC still fails on BETA2/vax
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 07/11/2002 12:50:12

> bash-2.04# ping azenomei
>  85 RESTART SYS
> p84 FAIL

Things like this usually indicates a really serious failure. I can imagine
that it is something like interrupt stack overflow, zeroing all of physical
memory or similar. To get a better environment to check this, please break
to the >>> prompt when the machine has booted up, and then set:

>>>SET HALT 3
>>>CONT

and then cause the panic again. It will now just stop instead of rebooting.
Then examine the regs and PSL, this may get some clue of what is going on.

Unfortunately I will be away for some days now, but I can try to help you
out with finding the reason for this crash later.

-- Ragge